Another lovely recipe shared by a customer! Try this tasty and nutrients-loaded dish. It's definitely a dish well-loved by all ages!
- 200g Bayam Spinach
- 2 tablespoon dried anchovies/ ikan bilis
- 1/4 teaspoon flounder fish powder (Optional. Great for an added umami flavour)
- 2 teaspoon chicken granules
- 2 cloves black garlic
- 1 knob old ginger
- Approx 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of Chinese cooking wine
- White pepper - to taste
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil (any neutral oil such as sunflower oil and canola oil)
1. Wash ikan bilis and dry thoroughly with kitchen paper. Coat with adequate oil and toast or air fry till crispy using moderate heat. (About 150-180 Degrees Celsius)
2. Remove skin from ginger and smash it.
3. Break black garlic up. (It is not necessary to discard skin as you can cook with it.)
4. Heat one tablespoon of cooking oil in pot, fry ginger and the black garlic till fragrant.
5. Add water, cooking wine and pepper.
6. Boil over low heat with cover on till black garlic is soften.
7. Add bayam spinach and boil briefly till soften.
8. Turn off heat and stir in ikan bilis.
9. Serve and enjoy!