A lovely salad recipe from our customer N!
- 200g Komatsuna
- 1 tablespoon of Japanese sesame dressing
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
1 teaspoon Japanese liquid dashi stock (if using powdered dashi stock, simply dissolve half a packet in hot water and use 1 teaspoon)**If dashi stock is not available, simply increase soya sauce to about 1.5 teaspoon or 2 teaspoons, depending on taste)
- Ground black pepper to taste
1. Blanch komatsuna in boiling water for about 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Remove immediately when it wilts and plunge into ice water.
3. Remove komatsuna from ice water and squeeze dry to remove as much water as possible then pat dry with kitchen towel.
4. Cut vegetables into bite size length. **Tip - wringing action helps remove water.
5. Place sauce on bottom of plate and place vegetables on top gently. Garnish with pickled ginger and roasted seaweed if desired or roasted sesame seeds.
We've tried this recipe and love it! It's a great alternative to stir-fry komatsuna or a lettuce salad. Give it a try and let us know how you find it.
Have recipes to share with us? Simply drop us an email! We would love to hear from you.