1. Cook the bacon in a frying pan with the olive oil until lightly browned and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon onto some kitchen paper.
2. Add the vinegar to the pan and scrape with a wooden spoon, followed by the shallot and mustard. Stir well and remove from heat. Whisk in the EVOO to finish the dressing.
3. Bring a pan of water with the a splash of vinegar up to a simmer. Crack an egg into a small ramekin/bowl then gently lower it into the simmering water. Poach for about 3 minutes, or until the whites have set. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon onto kitchen paper to drain. Repeat for the other egg.
4. Toss the frisee and the bacon in the dressing till they are well coated. Divide between 2 plates and top each one with a poached egg.
5. Add croutons if you want a bit more crunch, or omit it to keep it gluten or wheat free.
[Tips: you can make your own croutons using day-old bread:
Preheat heat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
Roughly cut/tear the bread into sizeable chunks and place them on a baking tray. Coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until crispy. Check regularly to ensure that the bread doesn't burn.]