A tried-and-tested baked salmon recipe from Inspired Taste! It's super easy and taste great too!
- One 1 1/2-pound salmon fillet, or two 12-ounce fillets, preferably wild-caught
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into slices 3 to 4 sprigs of fresh dill, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon blanc (substitute: fish stock, chicken stock, or water)
Three Quick and Easy Steps For Perfect Salmon
- Season the salmon with salt and fresh ground black pepper. I’m generous when it comes to the salt and make sure that I season both sides of the salmon fillets. Heat oven to 160 degree C.
- Layer sliced lemons and dill at the bottom of a baking dish. You can also use any tender herb in place of dill, like parsley, thyme or even mint.
- Place the salmon fillets on top of the herbs and lemon, add half a cup of white wine/stock/water, then cover with foil or parchment paper. After about 20 minutes of baking in the oven (when internal temperature of salmon reaches 52 degree C), the salmon will be perfectly cooked, tender, and delicious. (I like to add additional lemon and herbs on top of the salmon fillets during baking for additional flavours.)
Give the recipe a go and let us know how you find it!